What type of materials are used to produce the Fur Baby cushions?
All threads are Australian made and are high quality fibers, supporting our local economy. Each cushion is filled with duck feathers and is designed with a velvet backing.
Animal Cruelty Free:
Are any animals harmed in the process of sourcing their fur?
No animals are harmed during any part of the process. Pet fur is gently combed and collected after grooming.
How your Fur Baby cushion is made:
Multiple steps and lots of love go into making your Fur Baby cushion.
The process begins with preparing the yarn.
- Disentangling, separating, cleaning and fluffing the fur in preparation for spinning then takes place.
- The spinning itself is done by hand, using a wooden spinning wheel.
- The fibers are then twisted and wound onto a bobbin with the results being a continuous length of yarn.
- The yarn is then bundled, ready to be hand washed in hot water and dried.
Weaving the yarn also has multiple steps.
- The first step is making a warp of 250 threads.
- The warp is then wound onto the loom and positioned for weaving. Weaving then begins.
- Once completed, your very special woven pet memories are carefully cut from the loom.
Stitching your woven piece into a cushion is a precise, meticulous task.
- The correct inner cushion is chosen.
- Optimal fabric color and texture for the backing are selected to match your woven work of art.
- Your cushion is then lovingly stitched to give you a highly professional, unique work of art that you will treasure for years to come.
Are cushions machine washable?
Each cushion slip is hand woven and should only be spot cleaned if needed, to protect the delicate threads.
Do you accept custom orders?
Yes! Each design is unique and one of a kind. All orders can be made via the Contact Us page.
Exchange or Refund:
Can I exchange or get a refund on a purchase?
As each of our pieces are unique and custom made, we are unfortunately unable to offer an exchange or refund on purchases.